Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Mint Oreo Pie

I have my annual family party tomorrow afternoon.  A recipe blogger cannot show up to a party empty-handed.  This is a bit of an issue, as my kitchen is currently under construction.  It's a bit hard to make anything beyond heating up leftovers in the microwave.  This means getting creative.  I went to Stop and Shop to browse the baking aisle.  I picked up an Oreo No-Bake Pie kit.  When I was stirring the pie filling, I added a mint chocolate flavored Duncan Hines frosting creation.  These are great.  You can find them in the baking aisle, right next to the frosting.  They work for so much more than just frosting.

I also bought an oreo pie crust.  I figured that would be easier and quicker than using the crust mix in the kit.  It would mean melting butter, and getting one more bowl dirty.  The fewer dishes I have to wash by hand in a basin, the better.   Oh, I can't wait until my kitchen is ready for everyday use again!

Here's the finished product!


No comments:

Post a Comment