Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday Queso Dip

This is yet another recipe that I got from Pinterest.  I tweaked it a bit, based on other recipes that I've seen.  Here's the recipe that I started with.  Instead of fresh tomatoes and peppers, I used a can of Rotel.  I typically like to use fresh stuff, but so many recipes call for Rotel, that I figured I'd give it a try.


Instead of "Mexican Melting Cheese" I shredded up a combo of Pepper Jack cheese and Colby Jack cheese (about a block and a half total)




add the oil and tequila and continue to stir.  Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.


Here's the thing about this recipe.  The taste was right on.  I had some trouble with the texture.  It was either too watery or too thick, no mater what I did to it.  It was the first time trying this recipe though, so I'll keep experimenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment