Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Peach Kuchen

After going apple picking in the fall, I like to make apple crisp.  Many farms offer peach picking during the late summer months.

When I was a kid, my Aunt would always make Peach Kuchen after a trip to pick peaches at Smolak Farms.  Hers is a similar texture to coffee cake.  When I came home from Smolak's with my own bag of peaches, I decided to try to make a Kuchen as well.  Instead of using her recipe, I decided to try my hand at making my own kuchen.  I had just gotten a smartphone, and using the Big Oven app, I found a very different kuchen recipe.

1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sugar, divided
2 cups flour
2 egg yolks
1 tsp cinnamon
3 large peaches
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter

1. Work butter into flour, baking powder, salt and 2 tbsp. of the sugar until mealy
2. Press into an 8x8 greased pan.  Preheat oven to 400
3. Arrange peaches over crust, and top with cinnamon and the rest of the sugar
4. Bake for 15 minutes
5. Mix egg yolks and sour cream and pour the mixture over the peaches
6. Bake for another 30-35 minutes


I'm going to try to make this with apples one of these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment