Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Amanda's Famous Crazy Mint Brownies

This all started several years ago when I saw a recipe in Cosmopolitan for brownies stuffed with Reese's cups. They were delicious, and I decided to try them with peppermint patties instead.  I loved the result, and took the chocolate mint flavor one step further by adding crushed Andes mints.

1 Box Brownie Mix
eggs
oil
1 bag mini peppermint patties
1 cup crushed Andes mints

Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.  Add the Andes mints and stir to combine.  Pour half of the mix into a greased baking pan.  Arrange the peppermint patties evenly over the top, and pour the remaining layer of brownie mix over them.  Add about 10 minutes to the suggested baking time.

At one of my old jobs, my co-workers used to request these for office gatherings.  I've also made them for family parties, and once even entered them into a baking contest.  (The Home Sweet Home Baking Competition)  Several food bloggers were there to judge, and you can read  Jen's (of Tiny Urban Kitchen) thoughts here.  She took several pictures, of the desserts.   Here's her picture of my brownies.

This is not a picture of the mint brownies, but it is a picture
of a different batch of brownies that I made.



No comments:

Post a Comment