Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Panko Crusted Chicken Tenders with Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce

(please note that I didn’t measure anything.  I made up the recipe as I went along.)
chicken
egg
flour
panko bread crumbs
salt and pepper
any spices you want (I used cumin, cayenne pepper and turmeric)
honey
mustard
chives (I used the dried kind in a jar, but I bet fresh would work just as well, if not better!)
beaten egg
1. Cut up pieces of chicken, and coat with egg.
2. dredge each piece in flour (mixed with salt and pepper)
3. coat with egg and flour again
4. dip in egg a 3rd time
5. dip in panko (mixed with spices)
6. bake at 450 until golden brown.  20 minutes worked for me, but if you want the outside to be browner, adjust time to your liking
7. while chicken is baking, make your sauce.   Mix equal parts yellow mustard and honey, add a sprinkling of chives
8. Serve and enjoy!




image: cooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment