Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Soup

1 lb chicken, cut into bite size pieces (I liked the "stir fry pieces" purchased at my local stop and shop)
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup white wine (any white wine will do.  If you don't want to use up your regular wine, cooking wine is great.  I used Holland House white cooking wine with lemon, because I wanted extra lemon flavor)
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped onions and peppers
1/2 cup rice
a few shakes each of ground ginger, cumin, cardamom, coriander, and lemon pepper

Cook in the crock pot on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours

Feel free to play around with different veggies and spices.  The ones listed above worked well for me, but experimenting with different flavors is fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment