Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Truffles!

I have a cousin who makes truffles by hand.  She also makes a fabulous Buche de Noel for Christmas every year.

For years, I have aspired to also make delicious truffles.  I've made Oreo Truffles, using crushed Oreos, cream cheese, and melted chocolate.

here they are, sharing a plate with the homemade kit-kats
Then, inspired by my friend Jen, over at Pretty Plate, I tried the cookie dough and cake batter truffle recipes that she posted.  I've made them for quite a few parties recently.  They're delicious.  I described them to my boss, who said that they sounded disgusting, but what he really meant was "disgustingly delicious!"


The white ones on the far left are white mint candy melts mixed with crushed mint mix-ins and poured into candy cups.  I bought those supplies on a whim when I was at A.C Moore buying candy melts for the truffles.  

The chocolate dipped ones are the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough truffles.  (When I ran out of chocolate, I dipped the remaining cookie dough balls in the leftover pink melts and rolled them in cocoa powder.

The pink ones are the cake batter truffles (which were rolled in rainbow sprinkles and Fruity Pebbles)

Thanks to Pinterest, I have also recently made Swirled Peppermint Bark and I want to try this Oreo Truffle recipe. It looks like it uses more Oreos and less cream cheese than the last recipe I tried, and is dipped in white chocolate instead of milk chocolate.  I put the peppermint bark in candy mixtures that I made for relatives this past Christmas.  I put them in these cute little boxes that I found in Target's dollar bin.  I didn't get a chance to take any pictures of those, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment