Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pampered Chef's Creamy Chicken Piccata Pasta Toss

In December 2010, I went to a Pampered Chef party.  The Pampered Chef consultant used some PC products to make this dish.  I didn't purchase the items, I have edited the recipe slightly to use kitchen items that I already owned.

This is the picture that I used on the Roasted Asparagus post.
I promised I'd get to this  recipe eventually!
That's the Pasta Toss in the background.




1 1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken
2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 1/2 tbsp. Lemon Pepper
3 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth (about 6 cups)
1/2 medium onion
12 oz. uncooked angel hair pasta
1 lemon
2 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1 14 oz can quartered artichoke hearts (drained)
1/4 cup capers (rinsed)
chopped fresh parsley and grated fresh parmesan cheese (optional)

1. Cut chicken into 1 in. pieces.  Combine with 1 tbsp. oil and the rub.  Heat the remaining oil on the stove for 1-3 minutes and add the chicken mixture.  Cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove from skillet and set aside.

2. Boil broth.  (The recipe says to use the Pampered Chef Micro-Cooker.  I just use the stove.) Chop onion and add to skillet. Cook until fragrant.

(Also, I have to break hear to ask some advice from my readers.  Is there a way to cook onions without tearing up?  I hate when I'm cooking and end up looking, well, like this:)

fanpop.com
(and yes, the 17 year old inside of me still carries a torch for James Van Der Beek)


ok, on with the recipe.

Carefully add broth and pasta to skillet.  Cook uncovered for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.

3. Zest lemon to measure 1 tbsp.  Juice lemon to measure 2 tbsp.  Add zest, juice and cream cheese to skillet.  Stir until fully incorporated.  Add chicken and artichokes  Cook 1-2 minutes or until fully heated.  Remove from heat and stir in capers.  Garnish with parsley and parmesan, if you wish.  Serve and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment