Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Snacks for kids

When I was in high school and college, I worked as a camp counselor.   Here are a few kids's snack ideas that I came across during that time.   I didn't get a chance to take any pictures of these before posting, so images are credited where applicable.

Ants on a Log:
(this one was also popular when I was a camper myself)

1. Cut celery into 2 inch pieces
2. Spread each one with peanut butter or cream cheese
3. Place a few raisins or craisins in a row on each piece of celery.

slashfood.com


Dirt Cups:

1. Fill each cup with chocolate pudding
2. Top each one with crushed oreos
3. Place a few gummy worms in each cup, so it looks like the worms are crawling out of the cup.

lebanondemocrat.com

Some of the kids didn't like chocolate, so they liked to make "Sand Cups" or "Beach Cups"

1. Use vanilla pudding (or Blue Jello if you want it to look like water!)
2. Top the pudding with crushed vanilla cookies.  (You might choose to skip this step if you're using the blue jello, but it's all a matter of preference)
3. Top with Swedish Fish

kraftrecipes.com
Or you could try these other variations.

And just because I mentioned Jell-O here:

The Jell-O museum in LeRoy, NY
(I stopped here on the way to Niagara Falls this past fall.)





No comments:

Post a Comment